Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The Starbucks Story

I read here that Mark Twain once said "I can live for two months on a good compliment" and I was reminded of a story from a long time ago -

There was a Starbucks opposite where I worked, and a guy (G1*) there used to have so much fun trying to get my name right. One time he took my order and started writing my name on the cup for the other guy to make my coffee - and then since he got one letter wrong - he threw that cup away and started afresh.

A few days later, there was a new guy (G2*) who took my order and asked for my name.
I pointed to G1 and said "Maybe you should ask him - I'm sure he knows it by now"
-t0 which G1 replied "Oh, I just call her 'beautiful'"
G2 smiled and said "Ok 'beautiful' it is then!" - and wrote "beautiful" on a cup for my Chai latte.

(After I drank my Chai I rinsed that cup clean and used it as a pen holder for close to 6 months)

* - G1 & G2 - must be all the Math I've been doing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh the Starbucks story finally revealed!! I liked this one- a daily reminder that your gorgeous? I can live with that!

Bre said...

I'm with you! I would probably still have that cup! :)

aRbit said...

I would probably still have it too - except I moved from one state to another and my car only had that much space.