Sunday, November 11, 2007

So she said on Sunday...

...I don't really have much to say today except:

a) Doesn't the universe really have a nice way of doing things sometimes? I booked my husband and me on different flights for a trip. When I noticed my mistake and called Orbitz to change it, they said the change fees were $250 plus any difference in fare. Ouch. I decided it was ok, I could spend a few extra hours in 1 airport and my husband could do the same in another. This morning I got an email from Orbitz saying our previous flight's time has changed. That means my husband will not be able to make the earlier connecting flight on that day. That means, Orbitz asked if he would mind going on a later flight :) Of course he doesn't, thank you very much.

b) Amen to that - especially since I recently had this conversation with somebody about arranged vs. non-arranged marriages. (The romantic in me believes ALL marriages are arranged, and yes, in heaven). I was telling them that yes, I met my husband through my parents - but it doesn't matter, I could have met him in an elevator and I would have still married him. Meeting through the parents kind of simplified the process - otherwise imagine the number of elevators I'd have had to try.

No comments: