Friday, May 11, 2007

BFF

A couple of days ago I was telling my husband about an email I’d received from a friend. My reply to his question about which friend started with “my best friend from….”
Only when I saw his puzzled face, I realized I say that about many of my friends – “my best friend from…”. What can I say – I have awesome friends and here are just a few reasons why (in no particular order) -

R – For being my “grown up” friend. You inspire me to be better.
P – For leaving nice comments on my weird pictures. You’re the best at making me feel good about myself.
R – For being way too nice to me.
A – For being the friend who will tell me when those pants make me look fat.
J – For all those afternoons of doing nothing and still doing so much.
P – For letting me play “cops & robbers”.
F – For showing me I could be good at stuff.
K – For showing me one can know how to cook and still be cool.
R – For being happy for me even when you’re sad.
A – For endless cups of coffee and finding friends in unlikely places.
B – For being the closest thing to a sister I could have had.
K – For your uncanny ability to read my mind.
M – For shared dreams, tea parties and “Heidi”.
R – If you weren’t my friend, I’d be jealous of you.
P – You rock. Period.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up: To more than I can be.
~ "You raise me up" by Josh Groban

6 comments:

P said...

Ofcourse I rock ;) But you rock more sweety :) Muuuuah!

Zee said...

:) i know the feeling.......my best friend from school, from college, from first year b school, from class 2, from....

Still Searching said...

Like I said, that made me sound as if I'm more grown up than I want to be!!! Hehehe.. nice post.. I've been wanting to do something like this for a while now, but never got around to writing the post... maybe now I will.. :)

Bre said...

I have too many best friends too! And of course, I love them all dearly and couldn't not have them :)

megabrooke said...

best friends are just the best. you are lucky to have the crew that you do!

Still Searching said...

Hey, my latest post has something for you.