Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I feel pretty...

Reading online reviews of salons in the neighborhood (give or take 20 miles) – 1 week
Asking many people I knew (and many I didn’t) where they got their hair done –
“Ok! No more coffee for you” looks from all of them
Flipping through a zillion magazines while waiting, trying to find the “perfect” look - 30 minutes and total confusion

Trying not to imagine what a wrong snip would do – chewed up nails
Looking in the mirror after she says “Ok I’m done” and liking what I see – a (huge) sigh of relief
The charge on my credit card – an arm and a leg
Making my hair look the same the next morning – painstaking (achieved with “serum” and waking up 30 minutes earlier than usual)

The “wow-my-hair-looks-so-nice-I-could-be-in-a-shampoo-commercial” feeling when I see my reflection somewhere – Priceless

I feel pretty,
Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty and witty and bright!
And I pity
Any girl who isn't me tonight.
("I feel pretty" - OST Westside Story)

2 comments:

Still Searching said...

Hehee.. nice post! Priceless, yes! Lovely snaps too... ur hair really is looking great! I get the same feeling when I come out of the parlour as well, but unfortunately it never looks as good again!

Nice new look you have! :-)

aRbit said...

:) That is what usually happens to me too. This time round I kept telling her I wanted something I could do on my own too. And made sure she wasn't using some funky gadget or goo (or both!) when I wasn't looking.